Profitable Niche Blog Ideas
Blog Ideas for Success
In a previous post we discussed what exactly is a niche market and how to choose the right one for you. In this article we will discuss the niche markets that are highly profitable, have reasonable amounts of traffic and can be a great investment. Choosing the right niche is crucial if you want to earn money from it and not just write down your thoughts and ideas. Your objective is to convert your effort into money and in order to do that you must find a profitable niche, a market where there are many products/services available for you to sell and the advertisers are spending a lot of money to promote them. There are many profitable niche markets where you can build and develop your niche site ideas.
Blogging is a very lucrative business but the best niches where you can make a lot of money are really competitive. Although there are millions of ideas that can be profitable choosing the wrong one can lead to a total disaster no matter how many hours you will spend working on your blog.
Most people search the Internet to solve a problem, so if your blog doesn’t offer solutions and social engagement the chances are that blog will not bring in any money for you. Successful blogs combine marketing and blogging, their content with their marketing and social skills to get the best they can. Of course whatever you chose you have to be passionate about it because you will be working on it for quite some time before you achieve steady traffic and loyal readers that will buy the products/services you sell.
Money & Business
Making money online or offline is a very popular niche and certainly one of the most competitive niches today. It’s certainly one of the most profitable blog niche markets and your target audience is located everywhere in the world no matter the cultural or social differences. Everybody is interested in making more or some extra money, discovering new business opportunities and learning useful tips to improve their existing business.
There are hundreds of sub-niches in that market that you can choose from according to your knowledge and your skills. Many bloggers entering this market are able to earn a full time income and create successful online businesses. This site for example is about making money online, tips about blogging and how to start your own online business.
Here are a few ideas you can explore and choose from:
- Online marketing or Internet marketing
- Social media marketing
- How to make money with affiliate marketing (excellent for new bloggers)
- How to generate traffic for your website
- How to write quality content, content marketing
- Make money through blogging/blogging tips, website design
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tips, techniques
- Exposing online scams/frauds and how to avoid them (you will be very busy with this one).
- Business advice about debt, taxes, legislation and tips on how to increase the productivity and efficiency of your business
- Helping small businesses
- How businesses can use new technologies and tech tips (CRM, credit card processing, etc) to attract more customers
- Personal finance and investments
- Crowd funding, blogging about what ideas look promising and how to manufacture your own products
- Career advice and training
- Human Resources
- Public Relations
If you are interested in starting your own online business you can check out the 3 following training programs. They are well respected and they don’t sell hype.
Extremely popular market with hundreds of sub-niches you can focus on and exploit. Very profitable market with thousands of products to promote and millions of readers always looking to improve their quality of life. This is a market where there is always room for more and you have a really good chance to succeed if you know how to attract and engage with your audience. If you are a professional in that industry offline why not share your knowledge online and help others.
Below are just a few ideas to help you start a blog in that niche market.
- Physical fitness and how to lose weight
- Organic foods
- Men’s health
- Women’s health
- How to quit smoking
- How to deal with addictions and recover from them
- Meditation, yoga and how to achieve inner peace
- Tips and advice about breastfeeding and pregnancy
- Food allergies and how to live with them (recipes, facts & myths etc.)
- How to deal with stress, psychological/mental health and emotional balance
- Disabilities and chronic diseases
- Nutrition & dieting
- Alternative medicine and techniques for a better life
- How to cook and eat healthy meals
- Infertility (causes, treatments,etc.)
- Nutrition for kids
- How to treat obesity
- Living with diabetes
- Harmful foods & drinks and how to avoid them
- Exercises for muscle gaining and gym routines
Software & Hardware
Today almost everyone has a laptop or a computer and access in the Internet. That means that millions are searching the web everyday for tips and information in order to solve problems, update their systems and read the latest news and developments. If you have studied or you are working in that industry starting a blog would be pretty easy for you.
Some popular sub-niches in that market are listed below.
- Software development, coding and programming
- How to protect you computer from viruses and the top antivirus software (reviews, comparisons, etc.)
- How to upgrade your computer
- Tips and solutions on the most common software and hardware problems
- Review and compare processors, motherboards, graphic cards etc.
- The software you must have in your computer for top performance
- The latest news and developments in the industry
- The best software for small businesses and for professionals in different industries
- Web design and development
Gadgets & Technology
We all use gadgets everyday and many are really passionate about them. This market gets more popular every year and is certainly a very profitable one with millions of people constantly searching for new products and developments. New products are released every day so you will never out of things to sell and promote.
- Smartphones (reviews, latest arrivals, prices, characteristics etc.)
- Cell phones/smartphones accessories (battery replacements quality, prices, car cell phone accessories, etc.)
- Characteristics of the operating software’s Android, iOS (updates, features)
- Cameras and accessories
- The best/new/cool/popular gadgets this year
- The most innovative gadgets
- Gadget reviews, news and tools
- Technology trends to emerge in the future
- Leading gadget companies
- Drones are a very popular topic at the moment and many believe it will get even more popular in the near future
- 3D printers are getting more popular as the prices are slowly coming down. If you want to try this niche then focus on home usage.
If you are travelling frequently and you like exploring the world you should consider starting a blog. There are many successful travel bloggers who share their experiences and knowledge with their world. The first thing many people do before they travel is to check the Internet for advice, tips, and read the experiences of other travelers who visited the place they want to go. You can also review restaurants, hotels or camping equipment and cameras for the best travelling experience of your life. If you choose this niche you can make money through affiliate links, advertisements.
There are thousands more blog ideas that are also profitable like clothing, interior design, cars, lifestyle and others but i believe the ones i mentioned above are a good place to start your online journey. Researching this niches will definitely help you to find a topic that suits you the best. No matter what niche you decide to choose remember that it has to be something that interests you personally, it’s easy to write about and there must be a number of products/services you could promote.
Last but not least, it’s consider relatively easy to start a blog and there are free platforms to host your blog like WordPress.com but i wouldn’t recommend it. If you are new at blogging you will need support, advice and necessary training in order to earn money through your blog. Otherwise you will spent many hours searching the internet trying to find solutions to the many problems you will face down the road.
If you are really interested in blogging and online marketing you could check the following training program. It’s free to join. Only an email is required.
Please let me know what you think and share your thoughts and ideas about the most profitable blog ideas by leaving a comment below.
Some really good ideas here to help the novice make a start. Most people struggle at first, finding things to write about, so this should help get a brain-storming session going.
Hello JohnV! Choosing a niche can be a bit difficult at first because you have to consider a few factors like if there are any products to promote and of course if you would personally choose these products. But i believe no matter how competitive a market is there are always unexplored areas.
Those are some great ideas. I know that making money online and physical fitness are two of the most popular, but I think that is because the market for products in those niches is so huge. I imagine the gadget niche would be really fun and interesting, but I think it would get expensive if you wanted to try out each one you review… until you get a big following and can get the manufacturers to give you free gadgets to review. I also think a travel blog would be really fun for those who travel a lot.
Hello Andy and thank you for your comment. As for the gadget niche i believe if you have work experience in that market or if you have a degree in that field it wouldn’t have to be that expensive.
Hello and thanks for sharing I really enjoyed what you had to offer. Your website is well detailed and filled with good information, all the best to you and keep up the good work.
Thank you Norman.
Thank you for the many interesting ideas you have brought to the table Nikos, in therm of popular niches. How do you feel about using dogs for a website? I found that I have been working on my website on border terriers and dogs since March and it’s now climbing slowly to page 2 of Google.com, but with my more recent website on home based work I am struggling more. I know it’s still at it’s very early stages, but could it be that, as the subject is so sought after, the completion is also steeper?
Thank you. Giulia 🙂
Hello GiuliaB and thank you for your comment. Using dogs or pets in general is a great niche idea and there is a big audience for that. As for the work from home niche i think the competition is very tough but i wouldn’t say that’s the problem. There are many frauds and get rich quick schemes out there so many people are very skeptical and they believe it can’t be done. But in the long term and if you keep working in this niche and don’t give up the profits can be really good. People are very cautious when it comes to online business but if you provide them with good information and articles you can be very successful.
Thank you for the interesting article on a Niche and getting started. I have been trying a two additional niche areas and even tho’ I get good feedback I am still struggling with them. I think I have to break it down even more after reading your ariticle.
A smaller niche could lead to better engagement with your audience and better quality posts. A broad niche niche requires from you to cover many different topics and it could more difficult to see immediate results.