Making Money Online – Myths & The Truth
I know what you are thinking.
“What is this guy selling?”. That’s what you are thinking. Am i right?
It’s okay to be skeptical about it. The phrase “making money online” is associated with plenty of scams and frauds. “I can show you how to make a lot of money online in no time” and other wonderful things like that. Honestly, if you are not skeptical about it you should be.
After all, who cares about the truth? Well, you should. And believe it or not, i also care about the truth. And now that i am thinking about it plenty of other people also care about the truth. Why?
Because it’s better to care about the truth. Especially if you want to make money online. You see lying is never a good strategy. Sooner or later you get exposed. The truth will always surface. People who really know how to make money don’t lie. It’s just not profitable. Actually lying to others about how you can generate an online income and build a business guarantees failure.
Everyone is trying to sell you something that will help you “succeed online”. Searching on Google about how you can make money online can be a nightmare. After a while, it becomes difficult if not impossible to identify the real opportunities from the frauds. That’s why i am writing this post.
Personally, i would just like to share my thoughts about the whole “make money online” thing and separate truth from fiction. At least from my point of view. But make no mistake. My intentions are purely selfish. I want to be able to say i did that. I published my opinion about making money online. So, i can cross that out of my list. So, now you know. And now it’s your turn to discover your own truth.
Ohh and in case you are thinking i didn’t answer the question “What am i selling?” i’ll tell you right now. Plenty of stuff. I am an affiliate marketer. It’s a great way to make money online. You should also try it. But i didn’t write this post with the intention to make you buy something. I just want to express my opinion. And maybe help others clear things up. Perhaps gaining a new perspective. Who knows?
The Truth About Making Money Online
Okay, lets begin,
First, i would like to share a few things with you. Things that prevent people from making any money online. Things like having the wrong expectations and an unrealistic perception of how you can make money online in 2018.
You see there are already thousands of articles about the truth behind making money online. And also about how to make money online. How is mine different?
Most of those articles are not really showing you how to make money online or tell you the truth. They are just sales pitches to persuade you to sign up for some training course or something similar to become a millionaire in an instant. Or their advice is not very practical, to begin with. For example, a very popular “tip” is telling people they can make money by selling stuff they don’t need anymore on eBay. Sure you can make a few $ by doing that but it is not a long-term plan. How much stuff do you have to sell anyway? And what happens after that? You go back to square one. That’s probably not what most people are looking for when searching online for ways to make money from home.
Another thing you need to remember is that online you will find exactly what you are looking for. If you are looking for “get-rich-quick opportunities” you will find plenty of them. And they are all scams. Yes, that’s right. There is no easy money waiting for you online. The legitimate ways to make money online are nothing like that. You must understand that get-rich-quick schemes are not real.
Experience is important. Posting a few ads on social media (like Facebook) or running a PPC campaign without knowing and deeply understanding how sales funnels work and how to use conversion optimization techniques you are wasting both your time and your money. And that knowledge only comes from experience. A lot of experience actually.
#Tip: If you want to learn more about conversion rate optimization take a look at the following article
But that’s exactly what many “gurus” are promising to teach you. A secret marketing formula you should follow (and of course pay in advance) if you want to start earning thousands of $ in no time. Save your money because it doesn’t work like that.
Technical skills are not necessary. That’s not a myth. That’s true. You don’t need to be a computer genius or a web developer to earn money online. There are plenty of legitimate online jobs you can do that don’t require any technical skills. And no i don’t just mean taking surveys. Creating a website was never easier. You can literally publish a website in 2 minutes.
And finally, don’t think about the Internet as your last resort to make money. Because that’s a big mistake. For a lot of people, the possibility of making money online only crosses their mind when they have run out of options. Like i already said generating a full-time income takes time. There is a steep learning curve to making money online and there will be plenty of things that won’t go as planned.
But the main advantage of starting an online business is that you can do it while you are working full-time. Your main objective should be creating passive income from your online activities and not an active one. That’s why you must act when you are already making money offline. Online you have the great opportunity of doing the work once and getting paid again and again. Because making money online doesn’t just depend on the amount of time you spend on a daily basis on your business. But it is more about creating the foundation for success. That means you won’t be earning any money at first but you will get paid down the road. And if you successfully manage to build a strong foundation you have done the most important part of the job. After that, small improvements can result in geometric growth to your business as a whole.
Don’t forget that nowadays the size of an online business no longer defines its impact. That’s also the reason why everyone can make money online.
Here’s What You Need To Know About Making Money Online
Well, first of all, you need the right mindset. If you already tried making money online before but failed it is not because it can’t be done. It’s because your approach was wrong. Below is a small list of traits you must work on if you want to finally achieve your dream and make money online:
- Determination. Before you start looking for ways to make money online ask yourself if you are willing to do what it takes to succeed. If the answer is “i am not sure” or “i am desperate for money” don’t do it. The chances are you will get scammed. You will end up looking for that “easy way to make money online”. That proves you have the wrong mindset. The right answer is “yes, i can do that and i am ready to work hard for it”. You must be determined to succeed. Otherwise, you will never build that awesome online business, you will never get that great online job. Instead, you will make nothing or coffee money.
- Passion. It’s absolutely vital. You must want this to happen. If you are passionate about it everything else will follow. If you have a passion for your work nothing will be able to stop you. Don’t just pick something because it sounds promising. If you are not interested in it after a while you will give up. Remember there are so many opportunities online and so many ways you can use to make money. There is definitely something out there that excites you. You just have to find it.
- Don’t give up. The Internet is full of abandoned blogs and eCommerce sites and people constantly complaining there is no such thing as an “online job”. Everything is a scam and everyone trying to make money online is a fool. That’s not true.
Why people give up?
Usually, it’s lack of determination. Things rarely go as planned. When the results are not the ones they want the easy choice is to give up and blame everyone else. Choose the difficult path. Try again. Take a minute and think about what went wrong. Learn from your experiences and failures. You only fail when you give up. The chances are your patience will pay off.
- Be professional. No matter what you do online be professional. Let’s say you want to use online marketing to earn your living online. Don’t start promoting anything to everyone just because you will earn a big commission. Don’t be that online marketer. Respect your audience and your readers. If you work as a freelancer respect your customers. Don’t exaggerate your skills. Also, don’t apply for jobs you can’t do. After all, your reputation is at stake. And you don’t want a bad reputation.
- Take it seriously. Your objective is to make real money online. Right? Just because you will be working from home doesn’t mean your job is not a “real” one. If you don’t take it seriously you won’t go far. If you want to apply for an online job make sure your CV looks good (check your spelling, grammar) and make sure you can do the job. Build your portfolio and the money will follow. If you have an eCommerce store, blog or website treat it like a business and not like a project in progress that may work later at some point.
- Stay focused. And learn to ignore others. In other words, haters gonna hate. Don’t let them distract you. The more popular your business (blog, affiliate website, etc) becomes the more haters you will have. They are part of the online world and they are here to stay. Others do it for “fun” and others simply because they are in the same niche you are. They are your competitors and the better you do the more money they lose. Be prepared. Ignore them and move on. Remember why you are doing this and what your end goal is. Don’t let others decide your fate.
- You have to put in the work. The online world is not different from the offline. Money won’t just appear in your bank account. There is no such thing as easy money online. I already said that before but this is a major reason why people fail to make money online. You must create value if you want people to trust you. And that means work. A lot of it. And many times without getting anything in return. But if you want to succeed online you must be willing to work hard. That’s the only way. No matter what method you are using to make money online being productive and working hard is necessary.
- Be legitimate. If you want to work online and make money well you must also be legitimate. Not just the method you are using to generate that income. Don’t try to trick people by offering them low-quality products/services just because you will earn a commission. If you decide to create your own business online you must offer valuable and helpful information to your target audience. You must build a trustworthy relationship with your audience. That takes time but that’s what it means to be legitimate yourself.
Real “work from home opportunities” require real work. For example, you might decide to work as a freelance writer or as a virtual assistant. If you want to get paid and attract customers you must work the same way you would work offline.
Alright, that’s it. I hope my post helped you clear things out. I wrote this post to motivate you to work harder and not to scare you. Making money online is great and it can be done. It is totally up to you if you will succeed or not.
Is it easy? No.
Is it worth it? Hell yeah.
Remember no one can guarantee that you will make a full-time income online and there is no such thing as a get-rich-quick scheme. Find something you like and go for it. Don’t wait. Do what needs to be done. But do it know. And do it correctly and consistently if you want to make money online.
Time for marketing. I told you at the beginning i am also an affiliate marketer. I’ll give it a shot
“Do you spend a dollar a day for coffee?” If the answer is yes then you can afford your own online business.
How did i do? Catchy enough?
But it’s actually true. If you want to learn more about online marketing and build your own website/business you should click the button below. Just take a look. You never know.
You are of course, more than welcome to leave a comment below and share your ideas and opinions with us. And if you like this post share it with your social media followers.