How To Do Keyword Research For Free In 5 Easy Steps

1. Dave says:

Hey there,

My friend who has been working online for 2 years now told me to work with Google Keyword Planner as it is the best one so far.

He has tried out other tools and found this one to be great. On my side I have tried Jaaxy and I loved it. Now I am confused.

What would you advise me to stick to?

Hello Dave,

I am not saying don’t use Google Keyword Planner. But in my opinion you shouldn’t completely depend on GKP for your keyword research. The reason i say that is because GKP won’t provide you with different variations of  your keyword that aren’t directly related to it. In my opinion, that is important. It’s better if you are shown different variations of your keyword that are not only directly associated with your main keyword.

Also, i believe GKP show results that are more suitable for creating ad campaigns.

Anyway, that’s my opinion. Use the one that you are more comfortable with or use both of them.

2. Joe Petruzzi says:

Thank you so much for this article! I had no idea about the google trends function. For my keyword research I try to find the best bang for my time if that makes sense. If there is a keyword that is slightly better to write about than another I am thinking, I am willing to compare them. Now I can! Thank you again

3. Hannah says:

Excellent post. I use Google Trends quite a bit for both my blog posts and for my YouTube videos. It’s always good to know if a keyword is getting more or less popular.

I like how you explained why not to rely on Google’s Keyword Planner. I used to do that a lot and my website wasn’t doing anywhere near as well back in those days.

4. Andy says:

Wow! There’s a ton of information here!

I have used some of these methods, but some are pretty new to me. Google Trends is one that I have heard of but have not really tried.

I have tried Jaaxy and really do like it. I love the way it gives keyword suggestions and you get an instant visual indications (red, yellow or green) as to the quality of each suggestion. I recommend it too.

Thanks again for the info!

Hello Andy,

Yes Jaaxy is a very nice keyword tool. And for that price i doubt there is another keyword tool that offers so much.

Thank you for your comment.

5. zahra says:

Really very informative. Thanks for sharing

6. PossesstheWorld says:

Thank you for this informative and interesting post, I am going to use it to improve the SEO of our site. Many thanks

7. Mia says:

Thanks for sharing these Google tools for SEO! I love how you clearly explained each tool and its purpose