CashGem Review – Is CashGem.co Legit or a Scam?
What exactly is CashGem?
Can you make money with it?
Or is it a scam?
I have to admit that CashGem’s website looks impressive at first glance. But that in itself doesn’t mean that the site is legit or that it can help you make money online. That is what we are going to talk about in this review. I’ll reveal what CashGem is, how it works, and if it is worth your time.
You are here because you want to make money online. Being able to work online and earn money from the comfort of your house (or from anywhere you want) is what many people dream of. But we all know there are plenty of scams and fake income opportunities waiting to rip you off. The last you want is to invest your time and energy in such an “opportunity”.
And while there are many ways you can make money online, there is no such thing as easy money online with little to no work. So, let’s take a closer look at CashGem and find out if this is a way to earn some extra money online.
Disclaimer. I am not an affiliate or a member of CashGem.co. My review is based on information available to everyone online. This review is my opinion and is based on my research. Results may vary and may not apply to all persons.
Owner: Unknown (at least to me)
Price: Free to join
Verdict: Not Recommended (waste of time)
What is CashGem?
CashGem (located at Cashgem.co) claims to be the “Number #1 Cashing Network” where anyone can earn money by referring others or by completing some tasks online.
According to the information available on their About Us page CashGem was founded in March 2015 and has been named the “#1 Cashing Network” on top publications such as Forbes. Also, making money with CashGem is simple and something everyone can do. Unfortunately, none of that is true.
CashGem pretends to be a legitimate GPT (Get-Paid-To) site but the truth is you will not earn any money here. Everything you see on their website is fake and CashGem doesn’t pay its members. In fact, CashGem is part of a bigger network of similar scam sites all pretending to be legit GPT sites. What they are really after is your personal data and information.
I have reviewed several of these sites like ShareCash.co, Click4Kash.co, CloutShout.co, CashForShare.co but there are many more online like CashChase, ShowCash, Tap2Earn, Tap2Cash, etc. They are the same site using different domain names. There are dozens of them online. They share the same About Us page and they all claim the same things. Just take a look at the images below.
CashGem is one of those sites. It never pays anyone and after a while, it will disappear only to be launched again later under a different name. As you can see this is not an opportunity to make money online but a complete waste of your time. There are many complaints online about all these sites (including CashGem) from people who signed up did everything they were asked to do but were unable to withdraw their earnings.
Most people only realize something is wrong when they try to cash out their earnings. That’s because the money you earn for referring others and completing the tasks will appear on your dashboard, making you think you are earning money, but in reality, you are not. When people try to redeem their earnings they discover they can’t. At the end of my review I reveal what people have to say about CashGem.
How Does CashGem Work?
Joining CashGem is free and available to everyone. Only an email is required from you to create an account. You will also earn a $30 bonus for signing up. Now you are ready to “earn money from anywhere”. At least that’s what CashGem says on its homepage.
All you have to do to earn money is to follow the 3 steps below:
- Join CashGem. Signing up is easy, free, and you will get a $30 bonus for creating an account.
- Share your referral link. Recruit new members’ by sharing your link all over social media and earn $15 for each person who joins CashGem.
- Get Paid. Withdraw your earnings instantly through PayPal, Bitcoin, Venmo, CashApp, or Mailed Check.
Well, that sounds simple, easy, and like something everyone can do. Also, if referring is not for you can earn money by testing CashGem sponsor’s products. That means completing the tasks CashGem offers. Tasks include taking surveys, downloading, and installing apps.
Based on my research these tasks could be CPA (Cost Per Action) offers. That is how CashGem makes its money. Every time you complete a task the owners of CashGem earn a commission.
Also, the money they promise to pay you per task doesn’t make sense. Legit GPT sites pay much less for the same tasks. Most legit survey sites pay on average between $0.50 and $10 per survey, not $45. Here is a list of all the ways you can earn with CashGem.
- $15 for every referral
- $2 every time someone clicks on your referral link
- $45 for completing surveys, taking quizzes, etc.
- $50 for posting videos on social media like Youtube, Facebook, Instagram promoting CashGem
- $100 for making videos on TikTok and Snapchat
- $35 for downloading apps
Some of these tasks such as downloading & installing apps may require you to subscribe or submit your personal information (email address, phone number, full name, home address, etc). Some may even require you to pay money to subscribe.
Downloading apps from unknown sources as a way to make money online is something I don’t recommend. You are risking getting spammed with messages and offers. In some cases, you may even get charged for text messages sent to you.
There are also certain requirements you must meet before requesting a withdrawal. You must first complete some tasks, refer people to CashGem and get a certain number of clicks on your referral link. There is also a minimum threshold for cashing out your earnings which is around $200.
The problem is that you will do all these for nothing. Based on my research CashGem never pays anyone.
Pros & Cons
CashGem is just a copy of other similar sites that promise people easy money online. Their website is full of red flags, hype, and scam signs. On their site, they claim that many of the big name influencers on Instagram work with them but I found no influencers on social media promoting CashGem.
The best thing you can do is to avoid CashGem. It won’t help you make any money online. Below is a list of the major pros & cons of CashGem:
- It is free to join. That is the only good thing I can say about CashGem. If you want to try it out and waste your time you can do it. I don’t recommend you to sign up but at least you will not be charged anything if you do.
- Unknown owners. There is no information about who the owner is or who is behind this site. The 3 team members (David Richards, Courtney Beasley, Marion Miller) mentioned in the About Us page are fake. The photos are taken from stock image sites and are not real people associated with CashGem.
- Fake history. They claim CashGem was founded in March 2015 but according to whois.com, the domain name cashgem.co was registered on the 16th of April 2020.
Does that look legit to you? This tactic is often used by scam sites in an attempt to appear legitimate and gain people’s trust.
- Fake payment proofs. CashGem claims to have paid over $10 million to more than half a million members despite being launched in April 2020. On their site, there is a page filled with payment proofs and happy members. Of course, they are all fake. Some of them are dated prior to April 2020.
How did CashGem pay those members in January 2020 when it was launched in April? It is not possible. We see the same technique been used for the testimonies. Some people claim to have been using CashGem to make money online for over a year now.
- False About Us page. There are many sites similar to CashGem online that have the same About Us page. They share the same history the same info and the same FAQ page. Everything is the same. All the other copies make similar claims and use the same fake payment proofs and testimonials. The images at the beginning of my review prove that CashGem is a fake site.
- Too many complaints. Searching for information online about CashGem all you are going to find is complaints and negative reviews. I only found a couple of positive comments about CashGem. But even they couldn’t provide any proofs they made any money with CashGem.
All the complaints are about the same thing. Not being able to cash out. No one is getting paid.
CashGem is a website I don’t recommend. It is not going to help you make money online. It has been created to gather your personal data. In my opinion, CashGem is a waste of time.
There are many sites similar to CashGem and they all pretend to be legitimate GPT websites. They all claim the same things, promise you an easy way to make some extra cash online but they never pay. When people start complaining about not being able to cash out they usually disappear after a while.
If you are looking for a legit way to make money online, I suggest you try affiliate marketing. Starting an affiliate business is easy and there are millions of products you can promote. Affiliate marketing is a huge industry and you don’t need a big budget to get started.
Affiliate marketing is all about content and helping your audience. It is not a get-rich-quick scheme either as some people are trying to tell you. As long as you are willing to learn and invest time in your business, you will succeed.
Take a look at the following training course and how you can start an affiliate business. The first 10 lessons are for free.
Thank you for taking the time to read my review. If you like this post please share it with your social media followers.