Affiliate Marketing Training Programs
In a previous post, i wrote about what affiliate marketing is and how to start with it. But like with any skill it is important to have some training first in order to understand the fundamental principals behind this business model and also learn how to become successful in it.
What is Affiliate Marketing Training?
There are many affiliate marketing programs out there and finding the right one can be difficult. A lot of them are just scams offering really outdated information and techniques that don’t work anymore. The training can be in any form from videos, courses, seminars to PDF files that you can download. If you perform a search in any search engine you will find many eBooks and websites that can easily distract you and make you forget your goals.
But don’t worry in this post we are going to discuss what you should look for when you search for affiliate marketing training programs and how to choose the ones that can really help you in building a sustainable online business that will generate revenue for you. Choosing the best Internet marketing training program is crucial for your online success because if you start with the wrong one you might get disappointed and abandon the idea of starting your own online business completely.
You also have to remember that learning affiliate marketing from scratch takes some time and this is not a get rich quick scheme. Affiliate marketing requires dedication like any other legitimate business. You can also read my post on what you should expect if you decide to create an online business here.
How to Spot the Best Affiliate Marketing Training Programs
There are certain things or criteria if you want that can help you determine if a training program is legit or not. But you should always take your time before you join anything and always look for reviews or any kind of information you can find online and be sure that this is the right training for you.
- The training program must provide hosting, a website security package and backup for your website and shouldn’t charge you extra for any of them. It should also provide you with all the tools you need to start an online business like a keyword research tool for free. If they want you to spend more money to access tools and services that are essential for your website/business, then move on.
- Support is definitely one of the most important things you should look for before joining any affiliate marketing program. By support, i don’t just mean technical support for your website which is of course very important but also being able to ask questions and get answers. During and after your affiliate training you will probably have questions and you will need a community of people that share the same goals as you do, have already gone through with what you are dealing now and can offer you their help. You have to be able to contact experienced marketers or even the owners of the program and ask them for help and guidance. There should be a live chat or a forum where the members of the program can communicate 24/7.
- The training program should offer step by step lessons. When someone joins an affiliate marketing training program has almost always zero experience. The learning process should take into consideration the lack of knowledge and experience from the students. The training must be easy to understand and easy to follow. The courses must be presented and categorized in a clear way so the student won’t feel overwhelmed with information. There should be videos and written instructions for the students to follow simply because some people prefer video courses over written ones. Many times the new members believe they can make a lot of money fast and they will skip lessons or they will create their websites/blogs in a wrong way without thinking about attracting readers and building an audience first. If the training program promises easy and fast money you shouldn’t join because they only care about selling you products and services and not how you will succeed online. It should be clear from the beginning what you will learn and how you will become a successful affiliate.
- There should be no upsells or levels. The program has to be clear from the beginning about the cost of the membership (monthly or yearly). If there are packages you have to buy in order to continue your training or some big secret formula that will be revealed to you if you pay some extra money then the program is designed to make money from you and not for you to make any money. The fake training programs that are out there will try to convince you that this is the way to make money online and usually if you keep asking questions they will tell you that you are too stupid to succeed anyway or that you are a very negative person. Legitimate programs will offer you the option to contact them (usually through email) before you join them and ask them about billing and monthly fees.
- Proof that the system works is many times the first thing people look for in order to join a training program. Already successful members are the best proof that the training really works. If the training program is good you will find many members that have been there for quite some time. If it really works there will be plenty of success stories from real people. If everyone is a beginner like you or you can’t found any members that are there more than 6 months you should look for something else. Be careful not to fall for the fake income proof documents like images from a PayPal account. Also if the training program has been in the business for years it means they offer up to date training and their lessons are relevant to affiliate marketing and useful to their members.
- The best way to make sure that an affiliate training program is not a scam is to look if they are offering a free membership or at least a free trial period. If you can join the program for free that’s a really good indicator that the company offers some quality training and they mean business. If they require from you to spend money without providing any real information you should be very suspicious. If they give you the opportunity to access courses and try the program for free it means they feel comfortable with their training and their not afraid to answer your questions.
There are many affiliate marketing training programs but very few meet all the criteria i listed above. Affilorama and Wealthy Affiliate are probably the most popular and the most respected in the industry. I personally find Affilorama a bit too expensive ($67 per month). You can also read my Wealthy Affiliate review here.
I believe that Wealthy Affiliate at $49 per month is the best option out there if you want to learn how to become a successful affiliate marketer. There are no levels only the Starter membership ($0) and the Premium membership ($49 per month). Everything you will need to build a successful online business is already there. The training is really awesome and it’s been around for 11 years now.
If you would like to share your thoughts with me leave a comment below. And if you found my post interesting share it with your friends.