7 Reasons Not To Do Affiliate Marketing

1. Emeolu says:

This is an informative article. You are absolutely right that people set an unrealistic expectation when joining affiliate marketing. This is not a get rich scheme. You don’t start making money overnight. It takes time to generate revenue. If you are joining with the expectation of making money over night, you have to rethink.

2. Minhaj says:

I couldn’t agree with you more, I want to address the first point.
    Its true people go into affiliate marketing thinking it’s going to be quick money,but there is a reason why many people believe this.
    Its because many internet marketers release junk products with headlines like ‘make $278.99 in the 2 days even if you are a newbie’ its things like this that make people give up. If the industry was more transparent maybe so many people wouldn’t fail, but when they are sold a bunch of lies and then find out its not as easy as advertised that’s when the majority just give in.

Hello Minhaj,

It is true that many low quality products are telling people how easy it is to make online. They use expressions like “I just joined X program 2 weeks ago and i already made $2000”, “Work an hour a day and earn $7000 per month. Look how i did it”. The training programs that use that kind of phrases are just scams. But they also know that there is a number of people who want to believe that making money online is easy and fast. And above all that hard work is not required.

That’s why this type of “online courses” will never disappear. They know that there are people ready to believe that. And they will manipulate and exploit them as much as they can.

3. Mithra says:

Wow, absolutely true! I’ve had people ask me to help them make $1000+ per month, but are unwilling to invest the time and energy required into building a successful business. They just go from one program to another and quit after a week. What they fail to understand is, at the end of the day, you need to create quality content that help your readers.
    Great post Nikos!

Hello Mithra,

Unfortunately that happens a lot. In order to make any money with affiliate marketing you must fist build trust. And in order to do that you must offer valuable content to your audience and solutions to their problems.

Thank you for your comment.

4. Ilias says:

Hi there,

Well a few months ago, I thought that you can make a lot of money in a short period of time on online marketing.

However, I discovered after some failures that it is not true.

It needs hard work and it takes some time to earn a full income.

5. Wendi says:

This is a great post with so much truth in it. I recently started affiliate marketing, and while I haven’t made a single dollar yet, I know one day I will. I’m not giving up and your article has inspired me to keep working on it!

6. Bryan Carey says:

I like how you throw a dose of realism at bloggers. I use affiliate marketing, but unlike many of my colleagues, I didn’t go into it thinking I was going to make a fortune right from the start. The money earned from my beer site, Great Beer Now, has increased steadily but it was very low at first- maybe a few dollars per month. Keeping one’s expectations in line with reality is an important first step.

7. Erica Carrico says:

This is a great article thank you for sharing! As someone who has a blog as part of my business, I’ve been tossing around the idea of affiliate marketing and have companies reaching out to me to be an affiliate – but think I’ll just stick to coaching as that’s where my passion/talents/gifts lie. Thanks again!!

Hello Erica,

That’s totally up to you but if there are products/services that could help your audience then in my opinion you should definitely think about promoting them. You could use affiliate marketing not just for making extra money for yourself but also for providing more options/solutions to your readers. Assuming of course, that your audience will appreciate that.

Thank you for your comment.